- The complete guide to building a property portfolio
- London rental market remains changeable and hard to predict for 2023
- UK housing market could be set for a seasonal “spring bounce”
- HMO investment under the spotlight: what are the pros and cons?
- Will government offer loans to vulnerable tenants to pay off rent arrears?
- 21 property investment tips: How to invest successfully
- What are hybrid estate agents and why are they on the rise?
- UK rents have risen by 11% in past year after demand ‘bounce-back’
- Housebuilding soars to a 33-year high in England
- Liverpool sees surge of property investors thanks to regeneration
Why invest in Birmingham, UK?
- Buy-to-let property in Birmingham is in increasing demand
- Landlords to expect lucrative returns from HMOs, short-term lets and build-to-rent property
- High tenant demand in Britain’s second-largest city
- World-class infrastructure developments improving accessibility
- 6% yield predicted for 2022 on rental properties
- Thriving property market with rental values soaring year on year
Where is Birmingham and how is it performing as an investment hub?
Birmingham is a city in the West Midlands region of England. It’s located in the center of England and is one of the most densely populated cities in the UK.
Birmingham, as well as the wider area of the West Midlands, is ever-expanding in population, with the city inhabiting over 1.1 million in 2019 alone. As a result, Birmingham earns its position as the second largest city in the country, following the leading city of London. This impressive position in the UK’s population leaderboard unquestionably correlates with the exponential growth that this city has also seen in its property market. The average property price here has increased by around 13% in the last 12 months alone, with the average price sitting comfortably at £216k in October 2021. With the rising property prices coupled with increased rental property costs, investors are all the more yearning to benefit from the high average price growth that Birmingham is anticipated to retain. What’s more, a fraction of Birmingham’s success over the past few years has arisen from inward investment from the local government for infrastructure projects.
Property investments in Birmingham
Investment in Birmingham City Centre is thriving
As a core city, the commute to and from most areas is easily and quickly accomplished due to its world-class transport links and convenient positioning. It is impossible to discuss the advantageous positioning of Birmingham without mentioning the impeccable HS2 development. This infrastructure project will substantially cut down travel time between Birmingham and London, proving pivotal to the advancement of modern transportation and further indicating why Birmingham will continue to be a strong investment.
- Some of the most lucrative areas for property investment in Birmingham are Selly Oak, Birmingham city centre, Jewellery Quarter, Perry Barr, Moseley and Edgbaston.
- All of these areas offer an assortment of opportunities from build-to-rent, buy-to-let and social housing. Each area complements investors and landlords in different ways, depending on its demographic, growth potential and key developments.
At BuyAssociation, we appreciate and understand that each investor has a different goal. For this reason, we approach each client intending to tailor our services to complement the individual and their intentions, goals and requirements, before carefully suggesting an ideal investment property. If you would like to benefit from consultation, advice and guidance or gain help with informed decision-making, speak to our friendly advisors today.
Location is key to our award-winning investment strategy
To us, prime locations are everything. When developments are placed in well-considered, popularised areas, investing in these properties can be extremely lucrative, boasting strong returns. The UK property market remains one of the most stable investment opportunities in the country. With an increase in demand for property and an ever-growing population, there has never been a better time to invest in the UK property industry. BuyAssociation focuses on acquiring investment opportunities in emerging locations with strong metrics and solid potential for growth. We source an abundance of high-quality, discounted properties in prime locations without compromise. Throughout the process of collaborating and working with our build partners and established developers, we actively seek developments with strong potential for our investors. It is crucial to us that our community of investors gain access to some of the most in-demand properties before anyone else.
The benefits of purchasing rental property in Birmingham
At BuyAssociation, we conduct meticulous research when it comes to discovering the best, prime locations for property investment opportunities. For the city of Birmingham, not only is it an attractive location for people to live and work, but we have also identified it as a key area with potential for maximising returns due, in part, to its forecasted high rental growth.
- The average rental value in this impressive city is rising annually in line with the fantastic amenities that Birmingham offers, consequently, delivering higher returns in the long term for investors. As a property investment hotspot with many ongoing regeneration projects, as well as its increasing population, ideal placement and large business hub, there has never been a better time to invest in Birmingham.
- The rental demand for residential properties has ascended dramatically over the past few years, with predictions for upcoming years suggesting an even higher increase. With projects in the pipeline expected to generate additional job opportunities, as well as future regeneration schemes envisaged to attract London commuters, Birmingham has exceptional potential for the coming years.
- Investors and tenants draw a lot of attention to Birmingham due to the general rental affordability, low average house prices and the strong rental yields that continue to rise year on year. Despite the affordable property prices, rental yields tend to hit up to 6%, with the completion of development projects looking to strengthen investment opportunities and provoke higher yields.
- One significant attraction for many tenants, homebuyers and investors to Birmingham city centre is the close proximity to the capital city. In recent years, professionals have been reluctant to base themselves in London due to extortionate pricing. As a result, many individuals choose to reside in Birmingham as an affordable, yet just as appealing, option.
Whilst the property and rental prices are lower in this city, the quality of the city’s shopping centres, institutions, industries and attractions are not compromised. The amenities, fantastic transport links and buzzing business hubs are what makes Birmingham such a worthy contender against London for housing professionals and attracting investors across the world.
High tenant demand, a base for young professionals and impressive infrastructure
As it stands, this West Midlands city is bursting with opportunities for landlords in the buy-to-let sector. From canal-side apartments to large modern family homes and urban flats, Birmingham has a lot to offer for a variety of residents in the area. The level of demand to live in this city comprises young professionals, families and those looking to relocate to an equally exciting city from the capital. It has been increasingly identified that the ideal tenant type for most landlords is young professionals. Where this tenant type is favourable, it is crucial that the demographic parallels. Fortunately for buy-to-let investors, 60% of Birmingham’s population is made up of under 35-year-olds, suggesting that the career opportunities, nightlife and social attractions are highly suitable in this region for a younger generation. Preserving its status as one of the youngest cities in the UK, Birmingham’s ongoing appeal to young professionals indicates the constant demand for tenancies.