Here’s our round-up of some of the top stories that we’ve posted on BuyAssociation recently.
The 2018 Budget caught the eye and generated plenty of chat, house prices in the regions look set to do well in the next few years, Leeds will be the new home of Channel 4, and more…
1. Industry reacts to Budget 2018 measures
Philip Hammond delivered his 2018 Budget on Monday, which featured further changes to stamp duty, more money for new homes and measures to improve the UK high street. The property industry was quick to deliver its verdict.
2. Oxford-Cambridge route regeneration plans get mixed response
Plans for better transport links and new housing between the two historic university cities have not met with universal approval.
3. Leeds successful in bid to host new Channel 4 HQ
Birmingham and Manchester’s efforts to be the new home of the broadcaster came to naught as the West Yorkshire city celebrated.
4. North of England and West Midlands house prices set to keep growing
A new report from Savills predicts that the regions will perform well in the next five years, reducing the divide with London.
5. House prices slow down in new Nationwide report
Brexit and an uncertain economic outlook are behind a slowdown in annual house price growth, according to a new report from the country’s biggest building society.
6. ‘100% Hackitt’ initiative to push government on better building standards
A new initiative is aimed at pressing the government on improving building standards following the Grenfell fire disaster.
7. Mortgage fees soar as lenders compete in a low rate market
Research from Moneyfacts.co.uk shows that while headline rates are attractively low, mortgage arrangement fees are at their highest since 2013.